Mapping to Focus Areas
Below, you find the module's mapping to the study program's focus areas. This is done as a contribution to all relevant focus areas (in ECTS, and content-wise). This is also relevant for setting the module in relation to other modules, and tells to what extent the module might be part of other study programs.
||Module Contribution to Focus Area
|Architecting and Coding Software
The seminars covers recent trends and topics in the area of software architectures, software technology, tools, and programming paradigms.
The seminars covers recent trends and topics in the area of digitalization in order to empower business.
|Managing and Running IT
The seminars covers recent trends and topics, innovations, products, and tools in the field of Managing and Running IT.
After completing this module, the following statement should be true for the particapating students.
- As an industry expert or scientist on Master level, I am able to …
- research current trends and innovations in my field of expertise, and
- present my findings to my peers in a conference-like setting,
- researching scientific and industry sources for a given topic,
- summing up my findings in a conclusive and formally sound paper,
- compiling a brief but comprehensive presentation for my peers,
- so that
- I can act professionally in a scientific community, or a community of practice.
In this seminar students will work on the most recent trends and topics related to current IT, with topics
ranging from software development and architecture, over IT alignment to business capabilities and processes, to
managing and running IT landscapes.
The topics will be defined for each seminar specifically, depending on current trends and recent developments in
the respective fields.
Forms of Teaching and Learning
- Kickoff meeting to assign topics
- Supervision meetings with students during the research phase
- Meetings to present and discuss papers
Learning Material Provided by Lecturer
- List of selected literature and web resources (depending on the topics at hand)
- Literature will depend on the specific seminar topics